ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION AND THE POSITION
HERS Breast Cancer Foundation is seeking Breast Care Specialists to provide post-surgical products and fitting services for breast cancer patients. We are a well-established nonprofit organization with over 21 years of experience supporting San Francisco Bay Area breast cancer survivors. We’re certified via the American Board for Certification in Orthotics, Prosthetics & Pedorthics and operate three locations: Fremont, Pleasanton, and San Leandro.
Our mission is to support all individuals healing from breast cancer by providing post-surgical products and services regardless of financial status.
We provide services to patients at all stages of their journey -- some are recently diagnosed; others are multi-year survivors. We strive to provide our patients with professional, compassionate care and the highest quality post-surgical products, including: pocketed bras, prostheses, wigs, and compression garments to alleviate breast-cancer related lymphedema (arm and hand swelling and pain). HERS is “a soft place to fall” during difficult times in our patients’ lives.
Breast Care Specialists are responsible for providing breast cancer survivors with post-surgical product consultations and fitting services and administrative tasks including chart updates and data entry. This is a unique position at a unique organization. Given this, we provide on the job training.
The ideal candidate will have a love of helping others and an appreciation for impactful, fulfilling work. Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. HERS Breast Cancer Foundation’s team members are hardworking, compassionate, and supportive, and adhere to our core values: Communication, Trust, Respect, and Team Work.
Breast Care Specialists report directly to our Director of Programs.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- College degree preferred; high school diploma or GED accepted
- Medical field and/or social work experience preferred
- Mastectomy Fitter: 1 year of experience preferred; however, training is available
- Mastectomy Fitter Certification (CFM) (may be obtained upon completion of 250 paid training hours)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite; prior experience with POS (Intuit Point of Sale) and Salesforce is a plus.
- Post-Mastectomy Consultation & Fitting Services
- Works with referring medical professionals regarding patient needs
- Provides consultation and fitting services to patients for bras, breast prosthesis, post-surgical camisoles, and lymphedema garments
- Documents patient conditions and medical necessity of products
- Comprehensive knowledge of product care
- Product Knowledge and Inventory Management
- Familiarity with products and vendor sources
- Understanding of computerized ordering system for patient purchases, stock receiving, and creating special orders, and ensuring inventory accuracy
- Participation in annual physical inventory
- Computer Competency Requirements
- Ability to enter comprehensive client information into POS system and Salesforce to include the following fields:
- Insurance Provider Information
- Patient Contact Information Including Custom Fields
- Product Sales
- Pertinent Notes
$18 per hour during training period with increase upon completing Breast Cancer Fitter certification (CFM). HERS does not offer benefits at this time other than PTO (paid time off).
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interacts with patients with compassion, respect, and empathy
- Strong attention to detail, ability to prioritize work, and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Attendance and active participation at staff meetings
- Cooperative and respectful interactions with fellow team members
- Compliance with all Employee Handbook requirements
- Work schedule flexibility and ability to travel to and work from all locations (Fremont, San Leandro, Pleasanton)
- Meticulous HIPAA compliance with regard to communications, patient records and information.
- Fulfillment of all Certified Mastectomy Fitter (CFM) certification/licensing requirements upon completion of 250 training/work hours
- Willingness to submit to Livescan fingerprinting process and pass background clearances
- Valid CA Driver’s License, auto insurance, clean driving record, and reliable transportation required
HERS Breast Cancer Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Notice: This description is to be used as a guide only. It does not constitute a contract, commitment or promise of any kind. HERS Breast Cancer Foundation reserves the right to change, add, delete, upgrade or downgrade the position as dictated by business necessity at any time with or without notice.